GRAND CHUTE, Wis. - The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater defeated Emory University 7-0 at Fox Cities Stadium in Grand Chute Tuesday to win the NCAA Division Three World Series.
The Warhawks scored in the second inning on an Adam Gregory sacrifice fly and tacked on two more runs in the third on RBI singles by Michael Gonzalez and Jared Fon.
Dylan Friend and Mikole Pierce added run scoring singles in the fourth to make it 5-0.
Whitewater added two more runs in the seventh on an Emory erro and another RBI single by Gregory.
Scott Plaza (9-2) was the winning pitcher for the Warhawks allowing seven hits, two walks and striking out nine in pitching the complete game.
UW-Whitewater becomes the only school in any division in NCAA history to win national titles in football, men's basketball and baseball in the same school year.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot