Whitewater football was in unfamiliar territory Saturday afternoon in a frigid Perkins Stadium. After Whitewater fumbled away a kickoff, Linfield took a 17-0 second quarter lead. From there, Matt Behrendt led the Warhawks to 28 unanswered points; and Whitewater beat Linfield 28-17.
After getting down 17-0, Behrendt tossed a 19 yard touchdown to Tyler Huber to put the Warhawks on the board. Later in the second quarter, Behrendt found Jake Kumerow from 12 yards out to cut the Linfield lead to 17-14 heading into halftime.
After halftime, it took a while, but Behrendt hooked up with Kumerow for the go ahead score. Whitewater never looked back, winning the game 28-17.
Behrendt threw for 275 yards and four touchdowns.
Next week, Whitewater plays Mary Hardin-Baylor in the D3 national semifinals. The time and location of that game is yet to be determined.
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB