WHITEWATER - Whitewater and Stevens Point will meet for the WIAC men's basketball championship Sunday after the Warhawks and Pointers won semifinal games Friday night.
The Warhawks held off La Crosse, 76-73 in Whitewater as KJ Evans led a balanced scoring attack with 19 points.
Reggie Hearn had 18 points while Alex Merg had 16 and Eric Bryson added 10 for Whitewater.
Calahan Skogman led all scorers with 28 for La Crosse.
The Pointers defeated Platteville, 66-47 in Stevens Point behind 20 points from Clayton Heuer and Tyler Tillema.
Eric Gerber scored 17 and Chas Cross 15 to lead the Pioneers.
Whitewater and Stevens Point will play at Quandt Fieldhouse in Stevens Point Sunday afternoon at 2 for the WIAC Championship and the automatic berth to the NCAA Division Three men's basketball tournament.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61