MADISON - For the first time since 2008, two teams will represent the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) in the NCAA Division III Football Championship after University of Wisconsin-Platteville and UW-Whitewater earned bids into this year's 32-team field.
The Pioneers received one of eight available at-large invitations, while the Warhawks earned an automatic bid by winning the WIAC championship. Both teams will host first round contests on Nov. 23.
UW-Platteville (9-1) will make its first-ever NCAA Division III postseason showing and face Concordia University (Wis.) (8-2), while UW-Whitewater (10-0) will meet St. Norbert College (Wis.) (8-2).
The Warhawks are appearing in the event for the 11th time in program history - and eighth in the last nine seasons - and won national titles in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
# # # # #
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame