WHITEWATER, Wis. - On Friday, UW-Whitewater ended its season in front of a home crowd. The Warhawks dropped a heartbreaker to St. Scholastica 3-2 in 10 innings.
St. Scholastica took the initial 1-0 lead in the second inning when back-to-back batters singled. Whitewater didn't score until the 4th, when David Cladis' hit snuck under the second baseman's glove and plated a runner to tie things at 1.
With Whitewater down 2-1 in the sixth, JT Schneider hit a rope down the left field line to tie things up at two.
It stayed that way until the 10th, when St. Scholastica had runners on the corners and Parker Olsen's fly ball to left was just deep enough to score the winning run.
The Warhawks end the season with a 35-9 record.VIDEO: NCAA tourney: St. Scholastica at UW-Whitewater
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick