HOUSTON - Rickie Weeks hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning to help the Milwaukee Brewers to a 3-1 win over the Houston Astros Wednesday night.
Kyle Lohse pitched six innings, allowing only six hits and two walks. But he left the game trailing 1-0 on a J.D. Martinez sacrifice fly in the first inning.
But in the eighth, Weeks hit a long home run to left off Astros reliever Hector Ambriz. It was Weeks' sixth home run of the season.
Aramis Ramirez added a solo homer off Ambriz in the ninth to give the Brewers and insurance run.
John Axford (3-3) picked up the win in relief. Francisco Rodriguez put two men on in the ninth, but picked up his fifth save of the season.
Ambriz (1-4) took the loss for the Astros.
The two teams will play the final game of their series Thursday afternoon in Houston at 1:10 CT.
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job