WAUNAKEE - When the Waunakee football team opens the 2017 regular season Friday night, Warrior Stadium will have a new look.
New field turf, new lighting and a new video board highlight renovations to the stadium that will get their first looks Friday night.
Business and donors from around the community contributed to the renovations that will benefit more than just the football program.
"Now we're able to open up the field to all the football teams- all the football levels," Activities Director Aaron May said. "But then we're able to bring in a growing sport here in Waunakee - lacrosse and they'll actually have this as a home site for lacrosse in the spring. We're able to open it up to the public for other events, too, so it's really allowed Warrior Stadium to be a much bigger community facility
- Astros force decisive Game 7 vs. Yanks
- Badgers to open 2018 football season with a Friday night game
- Packers put QB Aaron Rodgers on injured reserve
- Aaron Rodgers says collarbone surgery went well
- Big Ten expanding basketball conference schedule
- Bart Starr to attend Sunday Packers-Saints game, report says