WATERLOO, WI - The Waterloo High School football team has a strong tradition of winning. The Pirates made it to the state final in 1988 and 1997.
Another tradition continues, too.
This season, Francisco "Pancho" Perez is making a name for himself as Waterloo's kicker.
Perez grew up playing soccer in Mexico and his family moved to Waterloo for seasonal work.
Two years ago, all-state kicker Manuel Martinez was in that position, now Perez is in place.
Perez has great range on his kicks. In practice, he made a 57-yarder that cleared the cross bar by a good margin.Waterloo HS kicker continues tradition
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot