LA CROSSE - UW-Whitewater rolled to a 47-3 win over UW-La Crosse on the road in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference opener Saturday. The 44 point margin of victory is the largest for UW-W over the Eagles in series history.
UW-W accumulated 560 yards of offense including 355 passing and 205 rushing. Whitewater's defense held UW-L to 137 yards of offense and seven first downs.
Warhawks quarterback Matt Behrendt threw for 355 yards and two touchdowns. Nick Patterson led the Warhawks' rushing attack with 93 yards on 16 rushes. Kumerow caught five Behrendt passes for 147 yards and a score. Cole Klotz led UW-W defensively with nine tackles, four solo and five assisted, and a tackle for a loss of one yard.
The Warhawks will host UW-Stout for Whitewater's annual Family Fest Saturday, October 12 at 2:30 in Perkins Stadium.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job