CHICAGO - Ryan Vogelsong won his fourth straight
decision, Buster Posey scored the go-ahead run on a double-play
groundball by Joaquin Arias in the seventh inning and the San Francisco
Giants beat the Chicago Cubs 3-2 on Monday for a four-game sweep.
Brandon Crawford hit an RBI double and drove in another run on a
fielder's choice to back Vogelsong (4-2), helping the Giants to their
season-best fourth straight victory on a rare wraparound getaway game on a Monday.
San Francisco (31-24) moved a season-best seven games over .500. The
Giants began the day trailing NL West-leading Los Angeles by three
games. The Dodgers had a night game at Philadelphia.
Cubs reliever Carlos Marmol (0-2) was hit with a line drive on Angel
Pagan's infield single in the seventh but stayed in the game after being checked out, then walked Brandon Belt on four pitches to load the bases for Arias.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job