NOTES: Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson scored his third rushing touchdown of the season on a 50-yarder in the first quarter, which set franchise records for longest run by a receiver and number of touchdown runs by a receiver in a season. His 20-yard kickoff return in the second half gave him a new team record for most kickoff return yards in a season, breaking Buster Rhymes' 1985 record. ... Lions WR Calvin Johnson, listed as questionable on the Lions' injury report, was deactivated because of the knee injury that kept him out of practice all week. Johnson entered the final week of the regular season second in the NFL with 1,492 receiving yards, but has battled a sore right knee since September. CB Chris Houston (toe), OT LeAdrian Waddle (ankle) were also out for the Lions. ... RB Adrian Peterson (groin, foot), was inactive for the Vikings, meaning two of the NFL's best offensive players were not available Sunday. Peterson finishes the season with 1,266 yards on 279 carries. He was third in the league in rushing entering the weekend. CB Xavier Rhodes (ankle), DT Letroy Guion (quad), MLB Audie Cole (ankle) and RB Toby Gerhart (hamstring) were also out for Minnesota. ... Former Vikings C Matt Birk was the honorary team captain. ... Vikings DE Jared Allen reached double figures in sacks Sunday, something he has done every year since 2007. ... Lions RBs Reggie Bush and Joique Bell became the first tandem to each get 500 yards rushing and receiving in the same season.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Bruins' Chara out 4-6 weeks
- Marshall campaigns for playoff
- Back problem sidelines Nash for season
- Confident Gordon marches on to Martinsville
- Red Sox hire Chili Davis as hitting coach
- Manning rips Denver's scoreboard operator
- Seahawks' Wilson: 'Complete confidence in who I am'
- Cutler: No issues with Marshall
- Luis Suarez: Do sporting suspensions work?
- Winter Olympics skating on thin ice?