MADISON - The Wisconsin volleyball team bounced back from their loss to Kansas with a 25-20, 27-29, 25-15, 25-17 win over Milwaukee in the second round of the InnTowner Invitational Saturday in the UW Field House.
The Badgers had four players in double-digit kills. Junior Ellen Chapman led all players with 17, while Haleigh Nelson put away a career-high 13 kills.
Wisconsin also had a balanced defense with four players recording double-digit digs. Sophomore Taylor Morey led all players with 23 digs while freshman Lauren Carlini added a career-high 20 digs.
Chapman served a career-high five aces.
UW improves to 7-1 on the season while Milwaukee drops to 4-5.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick