LOS ANGELES - Although Montee Ball and Stepfan Taylor have barely met, Taylor is pretty sure they would get along famously.
In an era of college football dominated by spread schemes and prolific quarterbacks, these two tailbacks personify an old-fashioned, smash-mouth approach to offense.
They've both persevered through early career setbacks to earn prominent spots in the record books at Wisconsin and Stanford heading into the schools' meeting in the 99th Rose Bowl.
While Ball has scored more touchdowns than anybody in FBS history, Taylor is the leading rusher in Stanford history.
They're both likely to be high NFL draft picks, but they'll first finish up their college careers against each other when the surprising Badgers (8-5) make their third straight Rose Bowl appearance Tuesday against the favored No. 8 Cardinal (11-2).
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job