MADISON - Some of the top girls high school golfers around the state are playing in an important tournament at Blackhawk Country Club in Madison Monday and Tuesday - the Sherri Steinhauer Invitational.
Steinhauer is the most successful professional women's golfer from Madison as she won 10 LPGA tour events and two major tournaments.
She not only lends her name to the tournament, she'll also meet the players and present a golf clinic for them after the final round is completed Tuesday.
"Just her name alone carries so much weight," said Blackhawk Director of Golf, Derek Schnarr. "Just a chance to sit down with all the girls and break bread and just kind of talk about golf- not just swing mechanics and all that stuff, but just what made her who she was and what she thinks about . These girls get a chance to really talk to one of the best players."
SHERRI STEINHAUER INVITATIONAL
First Round Leaders
1. Loren Skibba +2
2. Abby Chase +3
3. Jessica Reinecke +4
4. Ashli Stolen +7
5. Mikayla Hauck +10
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame