GRAND CHUTE, Wis. - Sun Prairie defeated Kimberly 5-2 to win their third straight WIAA Division 1 state title. They are just the second team in state baseball history to three-peat.
Neekosa won three straight titles in the early 80's and now Sun Prairie joins them as teams to win three straight. The Cardinals are the first Division 1 team to win three.
Sun Prairie's Michael Brekke started the scoring in the first with the RBI.
Connor Funnel had a great game and when Sun Prairie was down 2-1 in the fifth inning, his RBI tied the game at 2.
In the sixth Sun Prairie loaded the bases and Drew Hamilton's blooper breaks the tie. Sun Prairie goes on to score three runs in the inning.
They end the game on a double play winning 5-2.
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job