JANESVILLE - Michael Brekke had three hits and drove in the eventual winning run as Sun Prairie defeated Janesville Parker, 4-3 at Riverside Park Friday afternoon to win the Big Eight Conference baseball championship.
Parker had a 3-2 lead in the fifth on an RBI single by Logan Coulter and the Vikings took that lead into the top of the seventh.
But the Cardinals scored twice in the top of the seventh with Brekke's single to right driving in Michael Marchese to put Sun Prairie in front 4-3.
In the bottom of the seventh, Parker almost tied it. Coulter's hit to right was bobbled in the outfield. Zach Bailey tried to score from first, but was thrown out at the plate to end the game.
Sun Prairie wins the Big Eight title with a 16-2 record. Parker finished second at 15-3.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB