SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Early this year, Sun Prairie baseball seemed very beatable.
After all, they lost two of their first four games. Since then, the Cardinals haven't faltered. After beating Monona Grove 5-2 Saturday, the Cards have won 17 in a row.
MG actually drew first blood Saturday as Clayton Luther's fly ball dropped into left and scored a run to make it 1-0 in the first.
From there, Zach Fairchild picked up the slack for Sun Prairie. From his catcher position, he picked off a runner at third. Then at the plate, Fairchild's RBI single to right sparked the Cardinals offense, and led the charge to a 5-2 win.20307410
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5
- Cabrera, Holland lead White Sox to 6-2 win over Indians