WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, WV - Steve Stricker battled to a round of two under par 68 in the second round of The Greenbrier on the PGA tour Friday and trails the leader by three shots.
Stricker says he had some trouble reading the winds and that led to some approach shots that left him with lengthy two-putts for par.
But his dependable putter saved him again as he moved into a tie for fifth place.
Bobby Hurley, III is the leader at nine under par while Stricker is six under for the tournament.
Stricker was a late commitment to play in the Greenbrier, so his usual caddie, Jimmy Johnson, is carrying the bag of Chris Kirk this week, while Stricker hired his wife, Nicki to caddy for him this week.
Ironically, Stricker and Kirk will play in the same group Saturday in the third round.
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB