Madison, Wis. - The Stoughton Vikings won the Badger South Boys Basketball title outright with a win and a little help.
The Vikings held off the Crusaders 51-42 Thursday night at Edgewood High School. In Oregon, the Panthers upset the Silver Eagles 36-35. Monona Grove and Stoughton entered the night both at 9-2 in league play.
Edgewood's Jeff Zellner's three-pointer made it 40-38 with under five minutes to play in the fourth quarter, but Will Clark's driving lay up made it at four-point game and the Vikings never looked back.
Stoughton improves to 10-2 in conference and 16-4 overall.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame