MILWAUKEE - Steve "The Homer" True has been updated from critical to stablecondition at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee after his car was struck by an apparent drunk driver Wednesday morning.
Milwaukee police say True's car had the green light at the corner of Hampton and Fond du Lac avenues when another car ran a red light.
The other driver is suspected of driving while impaired and was arrested, accused of intoxicated use of a motor vehicle causing great bodily harm.
True is being treated for a serious head injury according to a report by WISN-TV in Milwaukee.
True is in his 20th season as the voice of the Marquette Golden Eagles men's basketball team and hosts a daily afternoon radio talk show on 540 ESPN Wisconsin and 100.5 FM ESPN Madison.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job