Dusty Spaeth's 26-yard interception return in the second quarter proved to be the game-winning score for Stanley-Boyd, as the Orioles relied on a late defensive stand to beat Lancaster, 21-16, to win the WIAA Division 5 championship.
The Orioles (14-0) won their third state title, and first since 1995, despite their offense being held scoreless for the final 43:45 and their defense allowing the Flying Arrows to outgain them 344-311.
Lancaster (13-1) had a chance to tie the game after driving inside the Stanley-Boyd 20 with two minutes left, but the Orioles stuffed tailback Tyler Glass' dive play for no gain for fourth-and-1 from the 11.
Stanley-Boyd gave the ball back to Lancaster after taking a safety with 12 seconds left and sacked quarterback Nathan Tranel on the final play.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick