GLENDALE, Ariz. - Chris Sale pitched seven solid innings, Alex Rios and Alejandro De Aza hit well in their return from the World Baseball Classic and the Chicago White Sox beat the Milwaukee Brewers 8-3 Thursday.
Sale allowed four hits, including an inside-the-park home run by Ryan Braun and another solo homer by Donnie Murphy.
Rios hit two doubles and drove in two runs and De Aza doubled and singled. They faced each other in the WBC championship game in San Francisco on Tuesday night, when De Aza and the Dominican Republic topped Rios and Puerto Rico.
Jeff Keppinger and Gordon Beckham each hit home runs for the White Sox.
Brewers starter Mike Fiers was roughed up for seven runs and eight hits in three innings.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job