IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz isn't quite ready to announce a starting quarterback.
But it sure sounds as if he has already picked sophomore Jake Rudock.
Rudock took nearly all the snaps with the starters Saturday night during an open scrimmage at Kinnick Stadium.
Redshirt freshman C.J. Beathard ran most of the plays with the second unit, and junior college transfer Cody Sokol appears to have fallen back to third on the depth chart.
Ferentz will likely announce a starter for the Aug. 31 opener against Northern Illinois by the end of next week -- and all indications are that Rudock will get the nod.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job