GREEN BAY, Wis. - Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will not play in Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons, according to head coach Mike McCarthy.
"Aaron Rodgers is not ready to go. He's out for the game," McCarthy said Friday afternoon. McCarthy says Rodgers is frustrated.
Rodgers was able to participate in all the individual drills this week as he recovers from a broken left collarbone.
Tests on Rodgers' collarbone taken Tuesday did not show enough progress for him to be cleared to play.
Matt Flynn, who started last Thursday's 40-10 loss to the Detroit Lions, took first-team reps this week.
Rodgers was injured Nov. 4 against the Chicago Bears.
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5
- Cabrera, Holland lead White Sox to 6-2 win over Indians