WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Denard Robinson rushed for 235 yards and Fitzgerald Toussaint added a pair of scoring runs as the visiting Wolverines routed the Boilermakers.
Toussaint scored the game's first two touchdowns - both 1-yard runs, and Raymon Taylor returned an interception 63 yards for a score to give Michigan (3-2, 1-0 Big Ten) a 21-0 lead. The Wolverines led 28-10 at halftime.
Robinson's rushing total was his best in a Big Ten game. He broke Antwaan Randle-El's Big Ten record for rushing yards by a quarterback and moved into fourth place all-time among FBS players, trailing only Colin Kaepernick, Brad Smith, and Pat White.
Michigan's defense shut down Purdue's explosive attack, which entered averaging 42.5 points. The Boilermakers (3-2, 0-1) managed only 213 total yards.
Purdue's Antavian Edison had four catches for 28 yards, extending his streak of games with a reception to 26.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Michigan leads the all-time series 44-14 and has won 21 of the past 26 meetings. … The Wolverines have won nine of their last 10 games following a week off, including wins over Purdue the past two years. … Michigan improved to 14-0 under coach Brady Hoke when scoring 20 or more points.
- Seahawks' Carroll: RB Lynch considering NFL comeback
- Reds claim Scooter Gennett off waivers from Brewers
- Snell scores 26 points, Bucks beat Hornets 118-108
- Dantonio says MSU's Martinez has decided to transfer
- MLB roundup: Giants rally past Cubs
- NBA roundup: Whiteside's tip-in lifts Heat past Pistons