MADISON, Wis. - Junior Kyle Roberts scored 13 points and hit the go-ahead jumper with 2:48 remaining as Randolph beat Green Bay N.E.W. Lutheran, 48-42, to win the WIAA Division 5 state championship Saturday afternoon at the Kohl Center.
Playing at state for the ninth time in the last 12 years, the Rockets (27-2) added to their state record with their 10th title. Three players scored in double figures.
After falling behind 42-41, Randolph closed the game on a 7-0 run by attacking the rim. In two state tournament games, Randolph outscored its competitors 64-26 in the paint.
Senior Travis Voigt scored a game-high 14 points for Green Bay N.E.W. Lutheran (28-1). The Blazers were making their third state appearance in four seasons, but are still searching for their first state title.19256144
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job