MILWAUKEE (AP) - Anthony Rizzo hit two two-run homers and Jason Hammel tossed seven strong innings Saturday, lifting the Chicago Cubs to an 8-0 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers.
Both of Rizzo's homers came on full-count pitches and went deep to right, the second one into the second deck to give the Cubs a four-run lead in the sixth.
It was more than enough support for Hammel (6-3), who frustrated the Brewers by mixing a fastball in the low 90s with a tough slider. He allowed just four hits while striking out a season-high eight to help Chicago snap a three-game losing streak.
The Cubs chased Brewers starter Wily Peralta (4-5) in the five-run sixth that started with a single from Hammel, who later scored on Rizzo's homer.
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job