MADISON - Alex Rigsby made 17 saves as the Wisconsin Badger women's hockey team completed a two-game sweep of Minnesota-Duluth with a 2-0 win at LaBahn Arena Sunday afternoon.
Rigsby picked up her school record 94th win as she allowed just one goal on the weekend.
With the game scoreless late in the first period, the Badgers Erika Sowchuk poked home a rebound for a power play goal at 18:43 to make it 1-0 Wisconsin.
In the third period, the Badgers got a little insurance as Sara Nurse got an even-strength goal at 14:57.
Wisconsin is now 21-3-2 overall and 16-3-2-1 in the WCHA. Minnesota-Duluth is 11-10-5 overall and 9-8-5-3 in the WCHA.
The Badgers take next week off and return to action Feb. 7-8 at Ohio State.
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job