MIAMI (AP) -- Mark Reynolds hit a pair of two-run homers Friday and the Milwaukee Brewers won a record-setting slugfest at Marlins Park, beating Miami 9-5.
Giancarlo Stanton and Garrett Jones hit two solo homers apiece for Miami, and Khris Davis homered for Milwaukee. The teams combined for seven homers, the most since the pitcher-friendly ballpark opened in 2012.
Reynolds homered in the fourth and again in the fifth, increasing his season total to 11. It was his 20th career multihomer game.
Milwaukee didn't need slugger Ryan Braun, who sat out after a flare-up of the oblique strain that sent him to the disabled list earlier this season. The Brewers hope he can rejoin the lineup by Sunday.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job