CHICAGO - Johnny Cueto pitched three-hit ball for eight innings, Jay Bruce and Ryan Ludwick homered, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 3-0 Sunday.
Cueto (15-6) moved into a tie with New York's R.A. Dickey for the NL lead in victories. He retired the Cubs in order in four of the first five innings.
Back in the lineup after sitting for two games because of a recent slump, Bruce hit a two-run shot into the right-field bleachers in the fifth off Brooks Raley (0-2). Ludwick connected with a drive to left in the sixth.
Aroldis Chapman earned the save for the third game in a row, his 28th of the season. Chapman has converted 20 straight saves and hasn't allowed a run in 21 2-3 innings since blowing a save on June 24.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick