Rays 10, Rangers 1: Chris Archer struck out a career-high 12 in seven innings and James Loney went 3-for-5 with two RBIs as Tampa Bay routed host Texas.Brandon Guyer, Matt Joyce and Sean Rodriguez each homered as the Rays defeated the Rangers for the second time in three days. Joyce scored three times and Guyer twice as Tampa Bay remained six games back in the race for the American League's second wild-card spot.Archer (8-6) allowed one run and four hits while walking two as the Rays moved within two games of the .500 mark. Rangers starter Miles Mikolas (1-5) was pounded for 10 runs and nine hits in six-plus innings.Joyce got the onslaught started with a first-inning homer off Mikolas while Rodriguez and Guyer each hit two-run shots in the second to make it 5-0. Jim Adduci got Texas on the board with a sacrifice fly in the fifth.Loney and Yunel Escobar delivered RBI singles in the sixth to increase Tampa Bay's lead to 7-1. Ben Zobrist and Loney each added a run-scoring single during a three-run seventh to cap the scoring.GAME NOTEBOOK: Rays OF Desmond Jennings (shoulder) sat out after crashing into the wall while making a catch on Tuesday. … Mikolas has allowed seven or more earned runs in three of his eight starts this season. … Tampa Bay optioned INF Cole Figueroa to Triple-A Durham and recalled RHP Brandon Gomes.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Badger basketball focused on 2014-15 season
- Beata Nelson continues her swimming domination
- Darlington aims for night football in 2015
- Man City stunned behind closed doors in Moscow
- G Crawford out, Blackhawks recall Darling
- Is Oscar Pistorius' athletic career finished?
- Okla. State, NCAA respond to 'unfounded' allegations
- Royals sub Nix for Colon on Series roster
- SF tops KC -- in World Series ticket prices
- Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in prison