Orioles at Nationals, ppd.: Tuesday's interleague game between the visiting Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals was postponed after rain held up the start of the contest for 2 1/2 hours.The game will be made up Aug. 4, which was a day off for both teams. The series shifts to Baltimore on Wednesday for the second leg of what was to be a four-game, home-and-home series.Orioles right-hander Bud Norris (7-5), who had been on the disabled list since June 21 with a groin injury, was activated Tuesday and was scheduled to face Nationals right-hander Doug Fister (7-2). They will both be pushed back a day and start Wednesday's game.Baltimore scored six runs in the 11th inning Monday to come away with an 8-2 win in the series opener, its seventh victory in the last eight games. It was only the second setback in the last nine contests for the Nationals, who are 10-19 against the Orioles since the start of 2009.
Latest Sports Headlines
- What a catch: Packers' Lacy preps for 3-down duty
- Brewers acquire Parra from Arizona
- Local high school standout hits field for college team
- Seahawks RB Lynch to end holdout
- Orioles get reliever Miller from Red Sox
- Yankees add Prado, Drew at deadline
- Nationals acquire Indians INF Asdrubal Cabrera
- Spurs' Ginobili to miss FIBA World Cup
- Ravens' Rice: 'My actions were inexcusable'
- A's acquire ace Lester for All-Star Cespedes