Indians 9, Tigers 3: Jason Kipnis homered twice and Asdrubal Cabrera went deep in a seven-run seventh inning as visiting Cleveland pounded Detroit.Trevor Bauer (4-4) allowed three runs on six hits in as many innings to earn the win as the Indians (48-47) moved a game above .500. Michael Brantley had four hits, Nick Swisher drove in three and Ryan Raburn doubled in a run during the seventh-inning rally as Cleveland improved to 9-4 in July.Anibal Sanchez (6-4) cruised through the first six innings but could not record an out in the seventh and ended up charged with four runs to absorb the loss. Torii Hunter doubled in a run and scored while Ian Kinsler added an RBI for the Tigers.The Indians loaded the bases on a walk and two singles in the seventh before Swisher grounded a hard single through the right side to chop the deficit to 3-2. Detroit brought in left-hander Ian Krol, who surrendered Raburn's tying double before right-hander Al Alburquerque came on and struck out the first two batters he faced but yielded back-to-back blasts to Kipnis and Cabrera to cap the rally.Kipnis added a solo shot leading off the ninth and Swisher chipped in an RBI ground-rule double to further put the game out of reach. The Tigers scratched out a run on Kinsler's sacrifice fly in the third and added two in the fourth when Hunter doubled in a run before stealing third and scoring on the overthrow.GAME NOTEBOOK: Cleveland recalled RHP C.C. Lee from Triple-A Columbus. … The Tigers will call up RHP Drew VerHagen from Triple-A Toledo for Saturday's doubleheader while the Indians will bring up RHP Zach McAllister. … Cleveland CF Michael Bourn (hamstring) is eligible to come off the DL on Sunday but will not rejoin the team this weekend as he continues his rehab.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Bryant on Lakers: 'Our mission is just to get better'
- LeBron "nowhere near" decision on 2016 Olympics
- Rondo insists injury came during fall at home
- FCC sacks NFL blackout rule
- Neutral arbitrator will hear Rice's appeal
- Raiders confirm Dennis Allen fired
- Isles agree to terms with top pick Del Colle
- Melvin: Decision on Brewers manager not imminent
- Georgia's Gurley falsely accused of assault
- Report: Fisher denies Florida State faked injuries