A good read deserved a face-to-face meeting for Ekpe Udoh.
He's the NBA free agent with the burgeoning online book club. The group only met over Twitter until this past weekend, when Udoh paid for all expenses for about 20 people to meet in Dallas, where he's training. He treated them to a screening of the movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
The best-selling novel by the same name by John Green was discussed by Udoh's group in April.
Few, if any career backup forwards can say they've started a book club over Twitter. The well-spoken Udoh started reading more a year ago. A friend mentioned he should have a book club, and he started it up last fall during training camp with the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Anderson takes no-hit bid into eighth in Brewers win
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Ryan Braun back on disabled list
- Petra Kvitova makes winning return at French Open after knife attack
- Maeda rallies Dodgers to 7-3 win over Cardinals
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game