A good read deserved a face-to-face meeting for Ekpe Udoh.
He's the NBA free agent with the burgeoning online book club. The group only met over Twitter until this past weekend, when Udoh paid for all expenses for about 20 people to meet in Dallas, where he's training. He treated them to a screening of the movie "The Fault in Our Stars."
The best-selling novel by the same name by John Green was discussed by Udoh's group in April.
Few, if any career backup forwards can say they've started a book club over Twitter. The well-spoken Udoh started reading more a year ago. A friend mentioned he should have a book club, and he started it up last fall during training camp with the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot