MADISON - The Randolph Rockets will play for the school's 10th state title in boys basketball after beating Elmwood, 46-37 in the Division 5 semifinals at the WIAA State Tournament at the Kohl Center Thursday.
Randolph fell behind by 10 points in the first quarter, but turned up the defense in the second half and outscored Elmwood 25 to 12 in the second half.
Aaron Retzlaff had 16 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Rockets who will play Green Bay N.E.W. Lutheran for the state championship Saturday.
In Division Four, Cuba City had the lead on Dominican in the fourth quarter, but then the Knights took over.
Duane Wilson scored 19 points to lead Dominican to a 55-47 win over the Cubans.
Jason Derby hit four three-point shots to lead Cuba City with 12 points.
It was Cuba City's first loss of the season. Dominican will play Auburndale for the Division Four championship Saturday.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61