WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Rob Henry will be Purdue's starting quarterback, coach Darrell Hazell said Sunday.
Freshman Danny Etling, redshirt freshman Austin Appleby, and Henry were the top two candidates.
Henry played in 11 games, starting seven, in 2010 when incumbent Robert Marve went down with a season-ending knee injury. Henry finished the season 86 of 162 for 996 yards with eight touchdowns and seven interceptions and ran 104 times for 547 yards and four TDs to become the first Purdue quarterback to lead the team in passing and rushing.
He was elected a team captain in 2011 but missed the entire year after tearing the ACL in his right knee.
Last season, Henry was third on the depth chart and was 21 of 38 passes for 216 yards and three TDs.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick