JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Authorities say a Chicago Bears fan who came to Jacksonville for the Bears-Jaguars football game had his throat slashed inside a bar.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says 42-year-old William C. "Chris" Pettry died early Sunday inside Fionn MacCool's, an Irish-themed restaurant at The Jacksonville Landing.
Twenty-seven-year-old Matthew Hinson is being held without bond on a murder charge. Jacksonville Jail records didn't list an attorney for Hinson.
A news release issued by the sheriff's office on Monday says witnesses told detectives that Hinson cut Pettry's throat, put the bloody knife in his pocket and calmly walked out of the restaurant.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB