EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said he doesn't believe Adrian Peterson's pursuit of the single-season rushing record will take focus away from the team's playoff chase.
Peterson needs 294 yards in his final two games to eclipse Eric Dickerson's record of 2,105 yards set in 1984.
Frazier said he spoke to Peterson on Monday about focusing on winning the last two games of the season. The Vikings (8-6) believe they need to win at Houston and home against Green Bay to get into the playoffs.
Frazier said he knows Peterson remains committed to doing whatever it takes to win, record or no record.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job