MILWAUKEE - Wily Peralta allowed just two hits over seven innings and Jean Segura hit his 11th homer of the season as the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Atlanta Braves 2-0 at Miller Park Friday night.
Peralta (5-8) didn't allow a hit until the fifth inning and ended the night with seven shutout innings, walking four and striking out four.
Jim Henderson pitched the ninth for his 10th save of the season.
Aramis Ramirez gave the Brewers in the first inning with a sacrifice fly that scored Norichika Aoki.
In the fifth, Jean Segura hit his 11th homer of the season to provide what proved to be an insurance run. Segura had three hits on the night.
Julio Teheran (5-4) took the loss for the Braves allowing two earned runs on eight hits in six and a third innings.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick