NOTES: New England's previous record for the largest comeback came when the Patriots escaped a 23-0 hole against the Seattle Seahawks on Sept. 16, 1984, winning 38-23. ... Broncos coach John Fox, who had heart-valve replacement surgery in Charlotte, N.C., on Nov. 4, will return to Denver on owner Pat Bowden's private plane Wednesday. There was no word on when Fox would coach again. ... The Patriots welcomed former WR Wes Welker with a pregame video tribute, but the fans booed him in the game. ... Patriots CBs Aqib Talib (hip) and Alfonzo Dennard (knee), both questionable, played and contributed, while S Steve Gregory (thumb) and TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee) didn't. ... Denver TE Julius Thomas (knee) was scratched, while CB Champ Bailey, who has played in only two games this season because of a foot injury, hoped to play but was inactive. ... The Patriots visit the floundering Houston Texans on Sunday, while the Broncos head to Kansas City for a rematch against the Chiefs.
Latest Sports Headlines
- Babe Ruth hat sells for more than $300K
- What's really going on inside world of soccer?
- 49ers cut Ray McDonald amid sex assault allegations
- Penguins goaltender Fleury mumps-free
- Reports: Royals agree to deal with Volquez
- Reports: Padres land OF Myers in three-team deal
- College football roundup: Wisconsin confirms Chryst hiring
- Reports: Mavs in talks to acquire Rondo
- UW officially announces Paul Chryst as new head football coach
- Top 25 roundup: Cincinnati upsets San Diego State