NOTES: New England's previous record for the largest comeback came when the Patriots escaped a 23-0 hole against the Seattle Seahawks on Sept. 16, 1984, winning 38-23. ... Broncos coach John Fox, who had heart-valve replacement surgery in Charlotte, N.C., on Nov. 4, will return to Denver on owner Pat Bowden's private plane Wednesday. There was no word on when Fox would coach again. ... The Patriots welcomed former WR Wes Welker with a pregame video tribute, but the fans booed him in the game. ... Patriots CBs Aqib Talib (hip) and Alfonzo Dennard (knee), both questionable, played and contributed, while S Steve Gregory (thumb) and TE Michael Hoomanawanui (knee) didn't. ... Denver TE Julius Thomas (knee) was scratched, while CB Champ Bailey, who has played in only two games this season because of a foot injury, hoped to play but was inactive. ... The Patriots visit the floundering Houston Texans on Sunday, while the Broncos head to Kansas City for a rematch against the Chiefs.
Latest Sports Headlines
- World Series has lowest Game 1 ratings in history
- Darlington aims for night football in 2015
- UW students "Make Bo Pay"
- Timberwolves stop Bucks, 110-91
- Badger volleyball wins eighth straight
- Could Rodgers pass Manning's mark?
- Ron Wolf is Hall of Fame finalist
- Chiefs' Charles wanted to avoid concussion protocol
- Reports: NBA lottery reform falls short of passing
- NASCAR Driver Capsules, Oct. 22