MILWAUKEE - Will Venable and Nick Hundley hit homers and Tyson Ross pitched six strong innings as the San Diego Padres defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 6-2 at Miller Park Tuesday night.
Venable homered off Donovan Hand (1-1) in the second inning, and Hundley hit a two-run shot off Tyler Thornburg in the sixth.
Ross (1-4) allowed just two hits and one run over six innings.
Khris Davis, who was called up to take the roster spot of Ryan Braun earlier in the day hit a pinch-hit home run in the eighth. It was Davis' first major league home run.
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot