ASHWAUBENON, Wis. - There's Lombardi Avenue, Brett Favre Pass and Donald Driver Way. Now, Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy is set to get his own street name near Lambeau Field.
The Ashwaubenon Village Board voted Tuesday night to change part of Potts Avenue to Mike McCarthy Way. The village will negotiate with the Packers on defraying the costs associated with a change of address.
The name change could take a year to implement in order to give businesses time to sell off supplies which bear the old street address. Local officials insisted the street carry McCarthy's first name as well to avoid any confusion with former Wisconsin Sen. Joseph McCarthy.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job