GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Packers have announced that free agent Julius Peppers will wear number 56 with his new team.
Peppers has worn number 90 with the Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears in his first 12 seasons in the NFL, but Packers defensive lineman B.J. Raji already wears that number.
So Peppers will get #56 in Green Bay. Peppers is also listed as linebacker/defensive end on the Packers roster. NFL rules say the number 56 can only be assigned to centers, linebackers and defensive linemen.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Davante Adams the latest Packer injury concern
- Late surge helps #17 Wisconsin beat Michigan
- Hinostroza rallies Blackhawks to 6-4 win over Avalanche
- Steelers' Brown apologizes for locker room video
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated