GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Packers have announced that free agent Julius Peppers will wear number 56 with his new team.
Peppers has worn number 90 with the Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears in his first 12 seasons in the NFL, but Packers defensive lineman B.J. Raji already wears that number.
So Peppers will get #56 in Green Bay. Peppers is also listed as linebacker/defensive end on the Packers roster. NFL rules say the number 56 can only be assigned to centers, linebackers and defensive linemen.
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5