GREEN BAY - Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy will replace Adrian Peterson at the Pro Bowl later this month.
The Minnesota Vikings running back can't participate because of an injury.
Lacy set franchise rookie records this season for rushing yards (1,178), rushing touchdowns (11) and rushing attempts (284). He tied the team's rookie mark for 100-yard rushing games at four.
Lacy is the first Packers running back since Ahman Green in 2004 to go to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii and the first Green Bay rookie running back since John Brockington in 1971.
Lacy says he sees the Pro Bowl as an opportunity to thank his teammates and coaches for helping with his accomplishments on the field this past season.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick