MADISON, Wis. - Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver will be using his celebrity status to promote physical fitness for children in the Madison area next month.
Physicians Plus is bringing Driver down to Madison next month to help lead the Green and Gold Training Camp at the Henry Vilas Zoo.
The program is part of the GO! Get Out campaign started by the company in 2005. The camp will give children 12 and under the chance to win awards for being active and staying outside.
In addition, 10 children will get the chance to win a football signed by Driver.
The program was started to fight obesity in children. The number of overweight children has more than tripled in the last 20 years, with about 30 percent of children now considered overweight.
Driver will be at the event on Saturday, July 14, from 10 a.m. to noon, at Henry Vilas Zoo.
- Davis scores big in NBA All-Star Game
- McGrady, Webber, Hardaway, Moncrief among 14 basketball HOF finalists
- No. 11 Wisconsin beat No. 23 Maryland, 71-60
- Another shootout for No. 1 Wisconsin and No. 4 Minnesota
- No. 1 Badgers skate to 1-1 tie with No. 4 Golden Gophers
- Wisconsin women beat Scarlet Knights, 53-41