GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Packers have traded defensive end Jerel Worthy to the New England Patriots for a future draft choice if Worthy makes the team.
The Packers drafted Worthy out of Michigan State with the 51st overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.
But his Green Bay career will be remembered for injuries.
He blew out his knee in the last game of the regular season in his rookie year.
After ACL surgery he spent the first part of the 2013 season on the physically unable to perform list.
He missed the entire offseason program this year while dealing with a back injury that required surgery in April.
He has not practiced in camp with the Packers yet this season.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot