MANITOWOC, Wis. - Green Bay Packers running back Cedric Benson has been cited for letting his dogs run loose and attack a neighbor's livestock in Manitowoc County.
A citation said Benson's two Rottweilers attacked 17 calves at his neighbor's farm in Maribel last month. A sheriff's department report said the dogs were found chewing the calves' legs and that several suffered deep wounds.
The report said Benson told deputies he had put up a fence to contain the dogs, but that they managed to escape. Benson was cited a second time Jan. 13 after someone complained the dogs were again running loose in the area.
The "dogs at large" aren't the only citations for Benson in Manitowoc County. The 30-year-old running back has also been cited this month for driving without a valid license and going 41 mph over the speed limit.
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5