GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Packers have waived TE Martellus Bennett.
Bennett signed with the Packers as an unrestricted free agent this offseason and started all seven games he played in, recording 24 receptions for 233 yards (9.7 avg.)
Bennett had a shoulder injury that kept him off the practice field and out of the Packers game against Detroit Monday night.
The Packers released Bennett for "failure to disclose a physical condition" which means the Packers claim Bennett didn't inform them of a previous injury before signing his three-year, $21 million dollar contract this spring.
Bennett could be forced to repay over four-million dollars of his signing bonus.
- Rosier helps No. 3 Miami survive scare from Virginia
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot
- Sun Prairie falls short in WIAA Div. 1 football final
- Waunakee wins WIAA Div. 2 State football title
- Lodi wins WIAA State Div. 4 football championship
- Warriors score comeback win over Brookfield Central