GREEN BAY - The Green Bay Packers have selected defensive tackle Khyri Thornton with the 85th overall pick.
Thornton is 6-2 3/4, 304 pounds and was a three-year starter at Southern Mississippi.
In 2013, Thornton had 39 tackles, 6.5 for loss and a half-a-sack.
He was a second team All-Conference USA selection. Thornton missed the final game of the season with a deep bone bruise in his right leg.
With the 98th overall pick in the third round, the Packers picked tight end Richard Rodgers from California. Rodgers is 6-4, 257 pounds.
- Steelers' Brown to become NFL's top-paid WR with new deal
- No. 16 Wisconsin falls at Michigan State, 84-74
- No. 1 Badgers headed back to WCHA Final Face-Off
- Antetokounmpo scores 28, Bucks beat Suns 100-96
- Badgers drop border battle against No. 4 Minnesota
- Anisimov scores late to lift surging Blackhawks past Blues