GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Packers running back Eddie Lacy is ready to build on his Offensive Rookie of the Year campaign.
The former Alabama star had 1,178 yards rushing and 11 touchdowns in 2013 -- and that was with quarterback Aaron Rodgers sidelined for seven weeks with a collarbone injury.
Lacy brought balance to the Packers' already potent attack. He hopes the offense can be even more explosive with a full season of Rodgers.
The Packers open the 2014 campaign with a difficult challenge at Seattle on Thursday night against the Super Bowl champion Seahawks.
Green Bay's first-string offense has looked good in limited snaps this preseason playing at its preferred up-tempo pace. Rodgers and Lacy together gives defenses an unwelcome dilemma of concentrating on the run or pass.
- Warriors beat Spurs to reach 3rd straight NBA finals
- Nashville Predators advance to Stanley Cup Final
- Panik homers as Giants beat Lackey, Cubs 6-4
- Vikings' Zimmer to miss OTAs after 8th eye surgery
- Kepler leads Twins' offensive surge in 14-7 win over Orioles
- Badgers fall short in NCAA Regional Championship